Sunday, March 8, 2015

March for Babies Fundraiser

It's that time of year again...March for Babies time! This year I have two big goals to reach on walk day.

1) Raise $1,500 by walk day

2) Walk with my team and still be pregnant with my little boy. My due date is the day of the walk


I'm going to be doing contests to try and reach my goal. I only need $940 more to reach it!

The first contest begins today and ends March 22nd at midnight. For every $5 you donate to my March for babies page (or a cash/check donation), you receive one entry to win a $25 TARGET GIFT CARD. If you donate $25 will receive 6 chances to win. We will put everyone's names into a hat and Kailyn will pick out the winner. I will post the winner on this blog and facebook. I will mail the gift card to the lucky winner, if you aren't in the Altoona area.

 Every donation counts when it comes to saving babies lives.

This is Why I March for Babies:

Kailyn was born at 35 weeks and had to be rushed to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. In the NICU she received a life-saving treatment called surfactant therapy. With funds from the March of Dimes, Kailyn was able to breathe on her own within days. She had to learn how to eat on her own and overcome jaundice. Kailyn is now a happy and healthy 4 1/2 year old with a baby brother on the way.

We created our team, Kailyn's Kruisers, to help give back to the March of Dimes for saving her life. Since forming in 2011, we have raised over $12,000 for the March of Dimes in our community.
The money we raise helps save premature and sick babies.

1 in 9 babies is born premature. Prematurity is the #1 cause of newborn death and the biggest threat to babies' health today. Through March for Babies, the March of Dimes is funding important research to find out why premature birth happens and what can be done to prevent it. There's nothing more important than to give every baby a healthy start in life. Each year over 143,000 babies are born in Pennsylvania and over 16,000 of them are born premature.

The March of Dimes is getting closer to uncovering some of the causes of premature birth and working to find answers.

We need your help. Please join us in the fight against prematurity. If you can't join us on May 2nd for our walk, will you consider donating to my walk.




No comments:

Post a Comment