Monday, February 10, 2014

Losing a grandparent is harder with a little one...

I've had a lot of time to reflect this weekend while visiting family in Pennsylvania.  As I sat by my grandmother's bedside at the local hospital,  I couldn't help finding myself thinking back to almost four years ago. The end of February 2010, my family and I sat around my grandfather's bedside and said goodbye. He hung on until my grandmother could get there. She had been in and out of the hospital also. Back to present day and we are waiting for my Gram to return to Pap. This was three weeks ago. The doctors gsve my Gram two to three weeks. This past week, we said our goodbye. I know that she's no longer in pain but it still hurts us.
Kailyn has been very good with everything that has been going on. She knows that her Grammie isn't here anymore, but she doesn't understand why she can't see her. We told her that when people pass on, they go way high up in the sky. Now she said that she needs to get her money so she can get a plane to go really high up in the sky to see Grammie jumping on the clouds with Pappy Dively (my grandfather who passed away when I was 3 months pregnant with Kailyn) and her other PapPap (husband's grandfather who passed 2 years ago).
I don't have the heart to tell her that it's impossible to see her. We took flowers to her grave the day after the funeral. Now Kailyn wants to stop by and give Grammie tons of flowers.



No comments:

Post a Comment